Western State Bank History
- The current assets of Western State Bank are over $1 billion, making it one of the largest community banks headquartered in North Dakota.
- Western State Bank’s primary locations are in the North Dakota communities of Devils Lake, Fargo and West Fargo, and in the Arizona communities of Casa Grande, Chandler, Scottsdale, Sun City and Sun City West.
- Western State Bank has been in business for more than 116 years.
- The bank was first chartered in 1902 as the Bank of Webster. In 1968, the Bank of Webster was moved to Devils Lake and the bank’s name was changed to Western State Bank.
- Western Equipment Finance, a subsidiary of the bank, is a nationwide commercial equipment financing company that began in 1990.
- The West Fargo bank opened in 1999 and the Fargo location in 2007.
- The bank opened a loan production office in 2007 which grew into a full-service bank in 2009 in Chandler, Arizona. The bank re-located to a new building in July 2012.
- In June 2012, Western acquired National Bank of Arizona in Casa Grande, Arizona.
- In May 2013, Western acquired Central Arizona Bank in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Western State Bank in Sun City, Arizona, opened in July 2015.
- Western State Bank in Sun City West, Arizona, opened in January 2017.
- Western State Bank currently employs over 210 dedicated team members.
We are an action oriented company, a leader in our commitment to excellence and continuous improvement in our relationship with stakeholders (customers, employees, communities, vendors, shareholders and regulators). We believe the key to success is to balance stakeholder interests through empowered employees living our vision and values.
- Respect everyone
- Be curious and creative
- Listening is learning
- Do more than expected
- Communicate openly and often
- Improve someone’s life
- Be a team player
- If something’s wrong, make it right